Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Project 2.5: Chair Revisited

Remember this? I said I had an idea in mind for it, and that idea was realized. The frame has been totally silver leafed, and the seat cushion recovered in a white fabric. I love the look, and it's a great arm chair companion to my other "side" dining chairs.

My other chairs are white shell chairs with the chromed stainless eiffel base, so with this chair I wanted a silver body and white seat, to add a little contrast and fun.

You see? Metal leafing is fun and creates dramatic results!


Now, I just have to find another one...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That sure is fun! I bet a party and me sitting in your new chair would be fun too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you worried about the metal leafing coming off? How durable will the metal leafing be on the back and arms of the chair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erik, the layer of metal leaf itself is relatively fragile. It scratches easily. The application of a top layer of either polyurethane of clear acrylic is very important. After that layer dries, it's quite tough!

    ReplyDelete